See-through floor

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
2 Posts

Post 08 Feb 2015, 21:23

Made a custom model for a block for a barrel, but when i place it down, the ground becomes see-through. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have a fix?
Patch Creator
399 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 03:42

I don't know why this happens pertaining to Cubik.
However this happens when the block's parameters 'isOpaqueCube' or 'renderAsNormalBlock' in the code are set to false.
I don't know if it helps but that's something to go on. :)
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
37 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 05:54

The block that you made, is not a transparant block. Thats means you can't look trough it and the game thinks the same.

Only option is to set an slab or something beneath the barrel ;)
211 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 08:26 

It will happen on all sides, because OTHER blocks have the "cull" flag set for when non-transparent blocks are next to it. You "can" fix this issue by removing the culling from all other blocks, but that isn't practical for ANY reason.
"I feel nostalgia as a standard action."
- Wil Wheaton
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 14:04

Sparkst3r: thanks for the tips about MC parameters. I just hope that those 2 parameters will be able to be changed via the official API :)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
37 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 16:54

In case u don't know which cubes are transparent; all the stained glass blocks are good to use for project specific cubes like ur barrel.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 19:00

Djelle wrote:In case u don't know which cubes are transparent; all the stained glass blocks are good to use for project specific cubes like ur barrel.
Many Blocks are transparent infact. :)

Like the following ones:
All stairs in any rotation, enchanting table, all carpets in any color, cactus, all flowers, stems, farmland, ...
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
37 Posts

Post 10 Feb 2015, 17:13

Sphax wrote: Many Blocks are transparent infact. :)

Like the following ones:
All stairs in any rotation, enchanting table, all carpets in any color, cactus, all flowers, stems, farmland, ...
This is correct of course :)

Though some of these blocks give other problems. Like, many of them don't support transparent textures (probably not relevant for the barrel). And as far as I remember, stairs activate cullfaces on half-slabs and maybe other stairs. I remember having some trouble with this myself.
211 Posts

Post 10 Feb 2015, 20:23

Djelle wrote:
Sphax wrote: Many Blocks are transparent infact. :)

Like the following ones:
This is correct of course :)

Though some of these blocks give other problems. Like, many of them don't support transparent textures (probably not relevant for the barrel). And as far as I remember, stairs activate cullfaces on half-slabs and maybe other stairs. I remember having some trouble with this myself.
Culling is triggered by if the OTHER block is transparent or not. So stairs may have culling themselves, but won't trigger it for other blocks.

Glass is a weird one though. It seems to only trigger culling for other glass blocks. (of same color)
"I feel nostalgia as a standard action."
- Wil Wheaton
3 Posts

Post 12 Aug 2015, 22:14

1.9 is comming out soon, ive worked alot with the snapshot now, but im not finding any particular ways of editing the Opacity.

Do you know of something that might work? it would make a whole new world for the minecraft 3d community