If You Have Troubles with DownloadingEvery time there's a new update we get some people who have issues downloading. That's just the way with technology. It can be the smallest difference between your set up and someone else's that can hinder you. The vast majority of people have no issues.
This post will cover some of the things you can try to get a successful download. Also, if you know of any other ways, or have pinned down any particular technical issues please also post them here.
Please also note that this is just a support thread and every so often will have replies pruned to keep it tidy.
Redirect to "403 - Forbidden", "404 - Page not Found" or the download doesn't startAfter each step in the list try downloading again (this list is not exhaustive):
- Make sure your cookies are enabled
- Clear your cache
- Disable any ad/cookie blocking plugins/software (this can include AntiVirus or Firewall software - remember to re-enable it again afterwards)
- Disable any addons/plugins that may be forcing https on the download page (or add ad.bdcraft.net to the plugin's list of websites to not redirect)
- Try your browser's Private/Incognito mode
- Try another browser
- Try another device: such as a tablet; phone; or another computer
- If all else fails ask a friend to download it for you and send it to you via Skype or a similar program with file transfer capabilities
Download Cuts Off / Downloaded File is CorruptThe file host (CreeperRepo) use a tokenized download system. Basically this means that to download they give you an ID. That ID is only valid for a certain length of time.
If it takes you too long to download before the token expires your download may be severed prematurely.
You'll either need to use a program/addon/extension that will allow you to resume incomplete downloads or to get someone with a faster connection to send you the complete file.
CreeperHost 503 ErrorDelete your cache and try again. If it's still not working wait an hour and try again.
If the issue persists report it here or Discord as we will have to raise a Support Ticket with CreeperHost.
You can also try the steps for "Whoops! You appear to be behind a VPN/proxy/cookies disabled" from above.